Friday, October 5, 2012

Proof there's good in the world...

Falling over in public is right up there with having toilet paper stuck to your shoe, food in your teeth and the good old skirt tucked in your undies number; damn humiliating. And I don't know about you, but in the past week my faith in humanity has diminished rapidly. With the tragic news of Jill Meagher's murder Aussie women the nation over shuddered a collective 'that-could-have-been-me' and wondered: can we trust a stranger in the street anymore?

So when I face-planted mid-jog on Riley St the other arvo I was pretty stoked when a lovely construction worker rushed over to see if I was ok. 'Bloody ripper of a fall you took there, love! But don't worry, I did a first aid course last year. Don't move, I have a kit in my truck,' he said. 'Thank you! I'm so embarrassed, I swear the pavement attacked me out of nowhere,' I joked. 'You should always check on people when they take a tumble,' he added. 'Even if you don't know them.' He reminded me of a gorgeous grandpa who you just want to have cups of tea with.

The legend fussed over me and my bloody knee like we were Royalty and off I hobbled with a little less dignity but a lot more faith - there's plenty of good eggs out there. 

My bung knee and fabulous bandage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...