Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Girls' gal Lena Dunham is killing it


At the ripe old age of 26 Lena Dunham is the creator and star of hit TV show, Girls, has scored 4 Emmy nominations, won a truck load of twenty-something fans and now is set to pocket 3.5 million bad boys with a new book deal with Random House. And what are you doing with your life? My biggest achievement this week was running home. Then eating a bag of chips.
Anyway, Lena's penned a modern version of Helen Gurley Brown's 1962 controversial book, Sex and the Single Girl, titled Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned. She says it will explore 'everything from sex to eating to travelling to work.' Adding, 'I am thrilled to be working with and learning from the brilliant minds at Random House, and to be among their incredible roster of authors. I look forward to digging deep to produce the most thoughtful and personal book I can.' 
Lena is a much needed breath of fresh air in an otherwise blonde, busty and bland landscape. And she doesn't give a shit what you think. Last week the star sparked a fury of backlash when she attended an event in LA wearing an outfit that, gasp, showed off her normal-looking thighs! Nasty bloggers were quick to judge but I'd just like to say a big THANK YOU, LEGEND for keeping it real. This is an accurate reflection as to what most chick's legs look like, so deal with it chumps.  
And Lena fought back with aplomb, 'If Olivia Wilde had gone to a party in little shorts, she might have been on a "weird dressed list" or been told her outfit was cute,' she said. 'I don’t think a girl with tiny thighs would have received such no-pants attention. I think what it really was "Why did you all make us look at your thighs?" My response is, get used to it because I am going to live to be 100, and I am going to show my thighs every day till I die.'
Amen, sister. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...