Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nips Ahoy!

I can’t make my mind up about the cover of this month's RUSSH. I'm not sure if it's rad or ridic? Enter the fripples (frozen nipples). 



I think the copy is genius. Punchy, sharp, succinct and I'm a sucker for minimal cover lines. But I'm not sure how I feel about the blatantly erect nipples? I'm all for The Nip, but does it belong on the front cover of a mag? Or should it be saved for the confines of the pages? 


The beige skimpy singlet top is no coincidence. At a moments glance she looks nakey, so should girlfriend just take it all off? I mean, if you're going to do something, you may as well do it properly, right? The birthday suit cover has been done a million times before, it's not a new trick and a good way to spike sales. 


What do you think? Does this Brazilian babe, Aline Weber, pull it off? Or can only the fashion greats get away with it? A la Miss Moss, who we all know is the queen of the yee ol'boob / fanny flash. She loves getting her bits out, all in the name of high fashion, of course though darling. And no, I am not going to use a visual reference, go and ask Google images ya creep. 


So... never thought I'd say this but, nips on covers, please discuss. 

2 comments:

  1. im neutral. but i saw the issue and the shoot is ridiculous. its just so damn OBVIOUS. I think it would be arty cool if it was more subtle, like something you noticed only after glancing at the image twice. but on the cover and in the shoot its like all up in your face and i just think thats crass. goes back to the old unwritten law - its way cooler to be subtle sexy than in your face tits & ass. this is in your face.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...