Saturday, April 9, 2011

Calling All Talented Artists

Hey DJs / singers/ producers/ music peeps of Australia. Here's a proposition for you - can someone please make a mega mix of all the 90's theme songs to the TV shows we know and love? You could call it the 90's nostalgia mega-mix? Or maybe The Soundtrack to our Childhood?


Last Saturday night, hanging out with my nearest and dearest buds we started playing on da You Tubes (yeah, we crazy!) and took a trip down memory lane. More specifically, all the wonderful ABC/ Cheese TV shows we grew up on. 'Imagine if someone remixed these all!' we thought. 


Here's a short list, we're thinking - 
  • Round the Twist: Have you ever, ever felt like this? Strange things happening are you going 'round the twist? 
  • Feral TV: Ratus the Rat, Modigliana the cat, they discorved fame and fortune and they're never coming back! 
  • Play School: Open wide, come inside! 
  • Dragon Ball Z: Dragon, dragon, rock the dragon! 
  • Pokemon: I wanna be the very best! Like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.
  • Bangers and Mash: Bangers and Mash! Bangers and Mash! 
  • Lift Off: Come on and lift off!  
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in a half shell, turtle power! 
  • Captain Planet: Captain Planet, he's a hero. Gonna take pollution down to zero. 
  • Ohhh Wayne: ba ba ba ba ba ba waaaaaaaaayne. 
  • Hey Arnold: Move it football head! 
  • The Trap Door: DON'T YOU OPEN THAT TRAP DOOR! CAUSE THERE'S SOMETHING DOWN THERE!
  • Pingu: Pingu! Pingu! Pingu!  
  • Raggy Dolls: Raggy dolls! Raggy dolls! Dolls like you and me! Raggy dolls! Raggy dolls! Made imperfectly. 

Can you imagine if you were actually out on a Saturday night (I know, the thought of peeling myself away from the You Tubes scares me too) carving it up on the d-floor and a mad arse remix of Round the Twist came on? Oh my! Seriously music kids, someone pleeeease get onto it! You can just send my friends and I a thank you hamper. We like candies, bath bombs and scented candles. Not really. We'll take cocktails instead. 




I also think Trap Door has massive d-floor potential!



Any other suggestions to add? 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...