Last Saturday night, hanging out with my nearest and dearest buds we started playing on da You Tubes (yeah, we crazy!) and took a trip down memory lane. More specifically, all the wonderful ABC/ Cheese TV shows we grew up on. 'Imagine if someone remixed these all!' we thought.
Here's a short list, we're thinking -
- Round the Twist: Have you ever, ever felt like this? Strange things happening are you going 'round the twist?
- Feral TV: Ratus the Rat, Modigliana the cat, they discorved fame and fortune and they're never coming back!
- Play School: Open wide, come inside!
- Dragon Ball Z: Dragon, dragon, rock the dragon!
- Pokemon: I wanna be the very best! Like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause.
- Bangers and Mash: Bangers and Mash! Bangers and Mash!
- Lift Off: Come on and lift off!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in a half shell, turtle power!
- Captain Planet: Captain Planet, he's a hero. Gonna take pollution down to zero.
- Ohhh Wayne: ba ba ba ba ba ba waaaaaaaaayne.
- Hey Arnold: Move it football head!
- The Trap Door: DON'T YOU OPEN THAT TRAP DOOR! CAUSE THERE'S SOMETHING DOWN THERE!
- Pingu: Pingu! Pingu! Pingu!
- Raggy Dolls: Raggy dolls! Raggy dolls! Dolls like you and me! Raggy dolls! Raggy dolls! Made imperfectly.
Can you imagine if you were actually out on a Saturday night (I know, the thought of peeling myself away from the You Tubes scares me too) carving it up on the d-floor and a mad arse remix of Round the Twist came on? Oh my! Seriously music kids, someone pleeeease get onto it! You can just send my friends and I a thank you hamper. We like candies, bath bombs and scented candles. Not really. We'll take cocktails instead.
I also think Trap Door has massive d-floor potential!
Any other suggestions to add?