Saturday, February 5, 2011

You're a Dry Cruskit

Taste is a funny thing. It can mature and change, develop and deplete. It took me years to like olives, red wine used to make me gag, now I love it. In primary school I listened to Kyle and Jackie O, I thought they were the bees knees. Now, I'd rather poke forks in my eyes than listen to commercial radio. In 2007 I thought Muscles was rad, listening to his album now makes me cringe (however, Ice Cream will always be an awesome song).


The same applies with one's taste in ladies / dudes. Last night, over celebratory cocktails, Faen and I were reminiscing about the boys we liked in high school. "Eww", "disgusting" and "what the fuck was I thinking" were just a few of the phrases that punctuated our conversation. There was one boy in particular who I had mega crush on. Looking back, I have no freaking idea why? He was a grade A douche bag but through the eyes of 16 year old me, I thought he was the bad boy I could change. PFFFT. Faen and I laughed at the thought of him. For the sake of this post, let's call him Dry Cruskit (I'll get to that in a minute).


We wandered off down the street to another place in Sluzza Hills. As we're walking in, who is the first person we see? DRY CRUSKIT. Keep in mind, we haven't seen D.C since our high school days and were literally talking about him minutes before. D.C didn't see us but we took it as a sign - after a few more drinks were consumed, we would go up and speak to him and find out if he was still a jerk. 


Our brief convo was a waste of time, it would have been more interesting to chat to the wall. That's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back. There's only two words to describe him. Yep you guessed it - dry cruskit. I use this phrase on those who are so bland, if they were a food, they would be the most blah of all - a cruskit. Not with one scrapping of butter or vegie. They wouldn't even be Arnott's, they'd be Home Brand.


But thank God for retrospect and the fact your taste changes. These days, I'm a sucker for boys with brains, wit, good spelling and manageable amounts of craziness. Oh and did I mention I also have a thing for skinny leg jeans? So dishy!


Faen and I walked away and giggled our heads off. Poor D.C, if only you could buy personality over the counter with your cruskits. 

How fab are my paint skills!

4 comments:

  1. Manageable amount of craziness. That's how that guy in Cleo describes his perfect gal!! Love it even though I do like cruskits with hommus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derrr that's where i got it from! The wise words of my dream boy / hubby... We're so meant to be, he just doesn't know it yet. I LOVE YOU NELSON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps. Nelson, I totally have manageable amounts of craziness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While the conversation was brief, points must be given for getting the message of the song in this one! At least you spoke to the guy :)

    Cruskits with hommus, have to try that one. Currently I eat them with either PB or Butter and Vegemite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...