Monday, January 3, 2011

My Parents Were* Awesome

It's easy to forget that once upon a time, our parents weren't parents. They weren't called Mum or Dad. Their lives didn't revolve around us. They partied, they dated, they studied, they travelled the world. They were, shock horror, just like us!


The concept of this post is pinched from popular blog My Parents Were Awesome, where people are invited to post retro pictures of their folks. I've always loved looking at old home movies and photos. As a child, at bed time it would either be a story or flicking through family albums. Looking back, I am so envious of the fashion, the ever-changing hair do's, the big sunnies... My parents really were awesome!


Retro Papa Bear!
Retro Mamma Bear!
Could my Mum be any more of a babe?
Such a stunner
Mum and Edwina at Palmy
Ricko Bren was a strapping young lad

* My parents are still awesome, just thought best to keep the name of the post in line with the name of the MPWA blog.

3 comments:

  1. You look so much like your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dad's sun glasses

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww your mumma is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...