Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Retro Read

I found this piece on my old travel blog I used to write on in 2009. Gosh, what a difference a year makes! Looking back at that blog I realise my writing style has completely changed, and I'm happier. Dear old me a year ago, shut up and stop whingeing. No one likes a grumpy pants. Lucky for you, lovely reader, I've plucked out the tolerable pieces that won't make you want to muzzle me. 

DAILY DROOL Written July 15th 2009

I find this photo absolutely stunning. It's one of those fluke shots that look like a post card for which I can take no credit for, it's simply the spectacular surroundings making love to the lens. It was taken in October 2008, standing on the Charles Bridge in Prague. It is such a silent, still moment. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the hoards of human traffic you have to battle through on the bridge. It's so hard to even get a picture of yourself without accidentally being in someone else's so I resorted to taking photos looking out from the bridge and this is the result. I love it so much that it lives in a frame in my room. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...