Monday, November 15, 2010

Over the Burbs

I've been a North Shore girl my whole life and before you stereotype me as a "North Shore princess", don't even think about it. Far from it. My brother and I shared a crappy, but sentimental car that habitually fell apart or broke down, my parents vote Labor and you'd never catch my mum playing tennis 'with the girls' on a weekday. She'd be smashing it in the office instead! It's just a place we live, not who we are. Yes, Trude and Prude do exist around here, but I'm a mega bitch to them. 


And while the NS will always hold a special place in my heart, I am ready to spread my wings. The 'burbs are a great place to be a kid, or raise a family. But when you're in your early twenties, you're ready for something more. Give me something gritty. Something chaotic. Somewhere I can stumble home on a Saturday night and not have to pay a fifty buck cab! A place that has a million cafes to choose from for your hung over Sunday breakfast, right at your door step. Inner West. Balmain, Glebe, Annandale, Leichhardt, Stanmore. Or my dream would be able to walk to work in the morning. Hello Paddo, Sluzza Hills and the like. 


The only problem is, the cost of living is a bitch and until I earn a bit more skrilla this dream will just have to stay in the pipeline. Which is more than fine with me, because I live with a pretty tops dad. But I am envious of all those independent peeps out there on the same salary as me and live out of home, I don't know how they do it. When I do finally move out, I'll be living off Mi Goreng and Baked Beans because that's as far as my culinary skills extend. Yummo!


2 comments:

  1. I hear ya Bella. Love my fam but ready to get a bit of independence and move out of home. if only I could afford it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you'd never catch my mum playing tennis 'with the girls' on a weekday. She'd be smashing it in the office instead!" I like the sounds of her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...