Saturday, September 18, 2010

Trends Twenty-Ten, Spew or Do?

Cargo pants: The last time I wore cargo pants, I was in year 6 and had a terrible Posh Spice haircut. To my own credit, I was totally ahead of the times with the POB, the only problem was it made me look like a rodent. But cargo pants have been reborn from the 90's. No longer are they baggy and daggy. I've been fantasising about the J Brand cargos Justine Cullen mentions in her Ed's Letter, in this month's Shop Till You Drop. The fact they're $329 is a minute detail.

Side plat: A certain, gorgeous Dutch friend of mine has been rocking the messy, side plat lately. If you have the thick locks to get a chunky plat going - DO IT!


Maxi skirt: I've yet to purchase a maxi skirt in fear of it making me feel frumpy. I know I'll get there, I think I just have the find the right one. Maybe one with vertical stripes to create the illusion of height?

Lace: My lace fetish is at an all time high, come and join my doily club! I think lace is so fem and cute.

Wide leg pants: Not to be mistaken for the hideous elephant trunk. High-waisted, wide leg pants are super stylish. I have a great pair of grey, wideys from Zar Zar.


Nudes hues: Nude is the new black, apparently. But don't over do it, you don't want to wash yourself out.



Tie-dye bags: LOVE. Shan bought me back a Marc Jacobs one from NYC, he's so pretty I'm too scared to even use him in fear of spilling food on him. He's the coolest thing I own, he's pastel colours and reminds me of a rainbow paddle pop.

Strappy elastic flats: These are popping up in shoe shops everywhere and are so comfy. I got myself a pair of hot pink ones from Zara kids and am going to live in them this summer.

Cropped tops: It's time to clean out your belly button lint ladies, because cropped tops are back! For the ultimate combo, pair a LACE cropped top with anything high waisted.

Summer playsuits: Any kind of clothing that pays homage to the childhood years, is a winner with me! I'm yet to find The One, but have been keeping a keen eye out for a fun playsuit I can frolick about at festivals in.


3 comments:

  1. glad u love the mj.
    beige definitely is the new black.
    can't wait to rock our stretchy sandals at work together.
    -shandog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just tie dye bags or is any kind of tie dye product in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONLY BAGS. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT purchase any other kind of tie dye!

    Haha, I joke. No the tie dye trend is not exclusive to bags.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...