Saturday, September 18, 2010

2011 is going to be a good year...

How do I already know this? Because I'll be with Frankie everyday!


For those of you who aren't familiar with Frankie Magazine, it's a bi-monthly publication that's quickly becoming one of the most popular mags on the market. Frankie is unique in that its cover girl is always an unknown, quirky face, instead of your stock, standard air-brushed Hollywood celeb. The intelligent writing will make you laugh, cry and rethink your values all in the one issue. It features some of Australia's finest writers including Marieke Hardy, Benjamin Law and Justin Hazelwood.


Frankie is always one step ahead of the cultural zeitgeist. She has her finger firmly placed on the pop culture pulse, and will be telling you what's cool in fashion, music and art way before anyone else. But Frankie is not just a trend-following-floozy, she also has a strong social conscience and sheds light on important issues like Australia's fear of boat people, politics, racism and mental illness. But not in the cliche way you'd think. When tackling the subject of depression, Frankie's own editor, Jo Walker, wrote of her personal battle with the disease called "say hello to my little friend. Why depression is the suckiest acquaintance of all time". It was an honest, raw yet funny piece and I don't think I've ever read such real writing.


From cover to cover, Frankie is a work of art. It's gorgeous, crisp layout will have graphic designers weak at the knees. Every issue also has a pull out calender for the next two months. It's a gift that keeps giving, because once you're done with the calender you flip it over and lo and behold there's a cool poster to hang on your wall!


So that's why I've pre-ordered my 2011 Frankie diary, because if Frankie can make me this happy every second month (I seriously yelp when I see it in my letterbox) imagine how good it will be to spend everyday together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...