Saturday, August 21, 2010

Spotted: Man Cape on Crown

The change of season is definitely in the air, as Spring pokes its flowery head out, so do the new trends. One look I hope you won't be embracing this Spring, is the man cape, or as I like to call it - the mape. I don't care how alternative and trendy you think you are, no one can pull off the mape.


It's not a joke people, there is a mape movement sweeping the nation. Last Sunday I joked that my friend Daniel should turn his scarf into a cape to keep warm. We spent breakfast giggling as he worked his scarf-turned-man-cape like a pretentious model. That same evening my biggest fear was confirmed, mapes were apparently in fashion.


ME: In today's paper in the "going up / going down" section - capes are going up. You are so on trend Braz.
DANIEL: I don't think Killara was ready for such a radical trend shift, but as I said they are definitely making a comeback.

And then, on Wednesday I spotted my first real life man cape on Crown Street. The dude looked ridiculous. It reminded me of this classic Seinfeld moment.


So boys, will you be getting your mape on? I really hope not.


1 comment:

  1. I think I have seen Crown street mape too!

    I enjoy the mape. It creates an air of mystery... as does a curled pencil moustache...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...