Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Secret Napping Society

The other day, I was so exhausted I decided to have a cheeky nap in my lunch break. And man oh man was it amazing. Napping is a great passion of mine, I first became a fan all those years ago in pre-school but napping is in my genes. I come from a strong line of nappers.


I think midday naps should be encouraged in the work place. In high school, Faen and I would nap for entire lunch breaks in our beloved retreat "The Nook" (a hidden, cosy little nook off from our locker room). At uni, I took refuge in the snuggly chairs of the Club Mac library. And now I'm in the "work force" I'm using the grass of Hyde Park as my bed.


You may think it's weird to nap in a public place, but you'd be surprised how many people do it. There really is a Secret Napping Society. Schmick businessmen in their fancy pants suits sprawl out on the grass and catch some z's. If they can do it, anyone can. Be sure to dust yourself off after your nap though, one does not want to return to the office with grass, cigarette butts and other miscellaneous park crap on their person. Oh no, that would look rather unprofessional.


So dear reader, I invite you to join the Secret Napping Society. It's better than binging on 3 coffees a day. I went back to work feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the afternoon.



* My Mum asked me how an earth I wake up from these lunch time naps, the simple trick is setting the alarm on your mobs.

1 comment:

  1. warning: can be easily mistaken as a homeless person with good fashion taste

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...