Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Jerk Watch 2010

I bumped into an acquaintance on Saturday night. He was in the line to World Bar waiting to get in and I was sitting on the veranda outside. We met eyes over the fence and said our stock standard hellos. I made polite small talk because I believe in good manners (and we were kinda stuck next to each other). He, on the other hand did not.

HIM: Can you get me?

ME: Umm, I don't think so I don't know anyone that works here. Sorry. How have you been?

HIM: Yeah, yeah... less chatting, more getting me in.

ME: Hmmm, maybe they'll let you in if you take off that pretentious scarf?

HIM: No way, I'm not taking this off.

He blew me a kiss and walked away. It was so rehearsed and mechanical that my friend's and I all burst out laughing. You can just image him practising his little kiss routine in the mirror. Sometimes bars are too small to fit such big egos. I'm glad the wanker didn't get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...