Sunday, May 9, 2010

Children of the 90's

Last night, at dinner with old school friends, we were talking about that hilarious ad (maybe it's for Foxtel? Or Telstra?) where the little girl starts dancing in front of the TV. Her dad pauses the rugby match he is watching and enthusiastically applauds and asks her to do it one more time. It all reminded us of being that crazy, energetic kid and putting on performances for our supportive, yet poor parents (thank you for putting up with years of mediocre jigs!)


We then got thinking about all the tacky crap we used to decorate our rooms with. You know you're a child of the 90's if you had any of the following:

  • Blow-up furniture
  • Hermit crabs
  • Lava lamps
  • Door beads
  • Furbys
  • Sea monkeys (or as Claudia called them "seahorses", I got overly excited and put my hand up in the air shrieking, "yes! Yes! I had seahorses..." Ingrid pointed out that seahorses are rather expensive and are usually found in aquariums, we then realised that Claudia meant sea monkeys.)
  • Spice Girl paraphernalia (or as I called it my "Spice Wall" - all four of my walls were covered in Spice Girl pictures, you couldn't see an inch of paint. Freaky obsessive fan? Just a bit)


3 comments:

  1. Blow-up furniture!!! Yes!!

    My first ever album was Spiceworld........

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm glow in the dark stars anyone??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! This was on the list too, I forgot it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...