Saturday, April 3, 2010

Trends Twenty-Ten, Spew or Do?

Welcome to my new post where I wax lyrical about all the crazy, wonderful and foul trends that are out and about this year. First cab off the rank -


Boys in 3/4 jeans: I've been seeing it everywhere lately, boys rolling up their skinny leg jeans just a tad. I have no idea why but I like it. I think it caters for my Indie Rocker/ lead singer fetish. Yum.


Jumpsuits: I have paid jumpsuits out for quite a while, but a certain gorgeous, fashion editor was rocking one at work last Friday and she had me eating my words. She looked a million bucks. Her wise words of wisdom when it comes to working the j-suit: stick to silky fabrics and dark shades. Thank you Miss Parr.


Trackie Pants WITH HEELS: Excuse me while I spew into a bucket! No way hozay! I don't care how many fashion mags try and plug this, I refuse to jump on the bandwagon*. Remember, beautiful people can make anything look great but trackies are not for the office, dance floor, or any kind of day wear (except the park, supermarket etc).


Shoulder pads: Love, love, LOVE. The bigger the better, instant shape and sass. Can't get enough of some shoulder pad action.


Hawaiian shirts ala Leo-De-Cap in Romeo and Juliet: The lead singer of The Friendly Fires at Splendour '09 dug this trend out of the 90's cupboard and since then copy cats have mimicked Ed MacFarlane's retro look. I am a sucker for the Hawaiian shirt, so thanks Mr Mac for bringing them back.


Thoughts/feelings? Do you love/hate any of these trends? Would you wear trackies and heels? Are you like me and pay out a trend for a few weeks and eventually cave? Mark my words, *I am fickle when it comes to fashion. I'm sure you'll catch me in trackies and heels one day.



Photo courtesy of The Fifi Report

6 comments:

  1. I am sure you would wear the Country Road trackies if you owned those Louis Vuittons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's the editor of Harpers Bazaar - doesn't that mean she can wear whatever she wants?

    In theory it's repulsive, but got to say - looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it looks amazing on her! Just goes to show hot people can make garbage bags look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shoulder pads have had their day! next please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be another one of those - "Ewwwww... What fowlness!' - and then we all sit down and go 'Ok, so i know i always protest it, but I have decided I'm going to crack!' And Georgia pretty sure we both own a identical pair of 'poo catchers' in black from Zara! So who are we kidding! My friend thinks that clogs are making a comeback - so who knows what's coming! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...