Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blogaholic

I've recently come to the realisation that I'm addicted to blogging. My blog is my boyfriend, I spend so much time with him anyone would think we're going steady. Today our interweb was down and my fingers itched because I wanted to write so badly.

So do you know what I did? I picked up a pen and paper and actually wrote, instead of typing. Remember writing? It's what they did in the Olden Days. I put on Angus and Julia Stone's EP "A Heart Full of Wine" from 2007 and my ink made sweet, sweet love to the crisp white paper. I'm sad to say technology has corrupted my writing method. I write more coherently when I'm typing (if that makes any sense). I feel like everything flows better when I type. And even though I love typing, I think writing is special because unless you're anal and carry around an emergency white-out, what you write is permanent. There is no delete button. It's an exact snapshot of your thoughts at that very second. It's raw and unedited.

My crazy, amazing writing teacher Ray, (who would be very disappointed in my double whammy of adjectives I used just then) used to make our class write non-stop for ten minutes and then read out the random word vomit. It was a great exercise and that's exactly what I did this afternoon. So, my blogs from today are edited versions of my afternoon word vomit session. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...