Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Want a Guaranteed Way to Start Your Day Smiling? Wake Up With These Boys -

Sorry Dools, what we had was great. Amazing. Fireworks. But it's time to move on. I just don't know you anymore, you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. That Merrick and Rikki Lee chick are bad news and it doesn't feel right when you back announce a Rhianna song. I hope you'll understand one day, but I've met someone else.


Actually, I've met two guys. Tom and Alex. And we are in love.


In all seriousness, these two are brilliant and because I am a super-dork fan I actually pod cast their breakfast show so I don't miss a thing. Tonight on the train ride home while listening to Alex's dad, Ian Dyson, review Angus and Julia Stone's new album I was laughing so much the man next to me nudged me in intrigue-


HIM: What are you giggling at?


ME: Tom and Alex on Triple J Breakfast. They get their dad's to review albums. Do you listen?


HIM: No but it must be pretty funny, so I will now.


Tom and Alex are going to be the next Hamish and Andy. At only 20 and 21 they are already hosting a national radio show, and doing a bloody good job of it. Damn over achievers. But they better be careful, I reckon their dad's are going to get a massive fan base. For a taste of their hilarity check this out, it features Alex's dad doing a rap -
Photo courtesy of Triple J website

5 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. Nothing makes a 6am start sweeter than being greeter by Tom and Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I'm a bit saddened this year - being a student it's near impossible to get up early enough on a weekday to actually listen to these guys anymore but:

    a) Weekends last year were something special, driving to work at an ungodly hour;

    b) The Friday danceoffs with Zan (and this week Kev from Jebediah) make me happy. In the pants.

    c) Podcasting is genius. Why couldn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite being a triple J fan I don't do radio in the mornings so I've never heard them. I'm adding their podcast right now... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How good were weekends Pete! I hope they bring back Sunday story time - perhaps on a Friday? I loved that segment, especially the theme song!

    Their podcasts are great - pure Tom and Alex with no interruptions! It's free fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The podcasts make my day(s).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...