Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quote(s) of the Week:

I couldn't decide on just one so here are three little tid-bits that made me chuckle -

Overheard yesterday at the races:
WANNABE CELEB #1: Hey man, nice nail polish.

WANNABE CELEB #2:
Thanks dude, you gotta do what you gotta do to get noticed.

Excerpt from Is Romance Dead? By Dave Jory in 3D World "I've never thought romance and technology melded well together, so when I met my partner I decided to romance her the old fashioned way by writing her a hand written letter, because no one writes anymore. So I wrote a beautiful letter, I poured my heart out. And when it was finished I scanned it and I emailed it to her as an attachment. And she was very moved by that I think. According to her twitter update."

Excerpt from a review on Future Music Festival, by Andrew Wowk in 3D World "As Danny Glover would say in Lethal Weapon: "I'm getting too old for this shit." The youthful naivety that once made huge food and drink lines, patchy sound quality on certain stages, on-site staff that seem to know nothing less about the festival than other patrons, and a disgustingly large number of people who seem to have missed out on the manners and commonsense gene seem like nothing more than minor nuisances has all but gone. Leaving nothing more than an empty shell of a person who goes to major festivals with the vain hope that 'this time it will be different'.... Musically, it was hard to fault the day, it's just all the heartbreak that comes with major festivals is getting harder to tolerate as this reviewer gets older. More sideshows please!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...