Saturday, March 6, 2010

Is Lisztomania a Real Word?

The Phoenix concert was orgasmic. Sweaty. Shameless. Fun. I made my own words up to the lyrics I didn't know and sung my out heart out when I did. Phoenix, you messed with my emotions - I thought you had left me hanging in the dark. But the lights came back on, and you made sweet, sweet love to my ears. What an encore. 1901. If I Ever Feel Better. I crossed my fingers, and you gave me my $83 worth.

Thanks to Wiki for solving all of life's big mysteries: 'Lisztomania is a 1975 film by Ken Russell, drawn from a biography of Franz Liszt . Depicting the flamboyant Liszt as the first classical pop star, Lisztomania features contemporary rock star Rodger Daltrey (of The Who) as Franz Liszt. The term "Lisztomania" was coined by the German romantic literary figure Heinrich Heine to describe the massive public response to Liszt's virtuosic piano performances. At these performances, there were allegedly screaming women, and the audience was sometimes limited to standing room only. French alternative rock band Phoenix released a song of the same name on their 2009 album entitled "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix".'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...