Monday, January 11, 2010

First Day Jitters

I thought I had all bases covered.

- Cute dress, tick.

- Confidence (well, it was a ruse but it appeared to be there), tick.

- Answering the phone? Pfffft that's the easiest part! OR SO I THOUGHT.....

I'm doing some data entry from a Marie Claire Magazine and the phone rings.

ME: Good morning Marie Claire Magaz.... whoops I mean Madison Magazine, Bella speaking.

There you have it folks, the most embarrassing moment of my life played out in front of the whole office. I am now the girl who can't even get the name of the magazine right. I swear it was just first day jitters and an honest mistake - I am not a ditz, promise. Hopefully I recovered ok by explaining that because I was reading the words 'Marie Claire' as the phone rang my mind had not yet clicked over to Madison mode. And hey, they both start with "M". You'll have to excuse me now, I am going to crawl into a hole and die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...