Saturday, December 5, 2009

How Could You Dools?

It's fair to say I am heartbroken about Scott Dooley leaving Triple J. It's a weird thing when you listen to someone on the radio everyday, you begin to feel like the best of friends, only you're not. I've had the privilege of meeting this hilarious man twice this year and it was pretty much the highlight of my LIFE.


When I worked my hell-hole of a job in the shoebox from death, Dools and Linda got me through. Actually, everyone on Triple J got me through. The big question is, if Dools has sold out to somewhere commercial like NOVA or 104.1 will his dedicated listeners follow him?


The answer, in Dools' own words would be "hellz yes!" Yep Dools, you're that good that I would listen to premature ejaculation ads for you but I just can't fathom the bad music so would have to flick back to my beloved JJJs when GaGa and Co came on.
Here are some of Dools' tweets that made me love him even more -
'I love the shit out of triple j. I'm going to miss everyone, I'm not dying, you can still tweet me!'
'I have a going away dinner tonight. This shit just got real, and I just got mad sad.'
'About to sign off for the last time. I feel sick with nerves. And hangover.'
'Thank you for all the kind tweets, I worked myself up so much I threw up, with such force I got a blood nose. Suffa laughed at me.'
UPDATE: Turns out I will be listening to those premature ejaculation ads after all. In today's paper it was reported that NOVA's new breakfast team is Dools, Ricki-Lee (vomit) and Merrick. At least we don't lose him all together and his yummy, husky voice will still be on air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...